As part of the People, Ponds and Water project, we are providing information on pond management, free and available to all. Click on the links below to find out more.
Habitat Management Advice
Please click on the gallery links below to find out:
- The value of ponds for wildlife: Find out why ponds are important for wildlife and why we need to protect them.
- The value of ponds for heritage: Find out why ponds are important for heritage and why we need to protect them.
- Pond assessment and survey: Ponds can sometimes be damaged by poor management. Find out how to assess your ponds to see if they need management or are already the best they can be.
- Pond management risk assessment: Find out how to easily risk assess your pond.
- What makes a good wildlife pond?: It’s not always obvious which parts of a pond are important for its plant and animal inhabitants. Discovering where wildlife lives makes management decisions much easier.
- Pond management overview: Discover pond management myths and misconceptions, together with the principles that will help you make the best management decisions.
- Managing ponds around trees: Is your pond shaded or surrounded by woodland? This detailed guide will help you decide what to do.
- Buster and Molly’s Guide to Ponds: What to do when taking your dog for a walk around ponds. A leaflet you can share with you site visitors about caring for your special ponds.
Species Management Advice
As a charity, we rely on donations to create free resources accessible to all, so please support our work by making a donation.